Be Happy

Be Happy
Watercolor by Renee Locks, from Brush Dance

Monday, August 3, 2009

Post-Treatment Progress

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 am
It's been five weeks since treatment stopped at 32 weeks. The tormenting rash is almost gone. My skin still flushes and itches, especially on my back. My concentration has improved. The oddest thing is the return of the ability to stay awake all day. I walk almost every day, building myself back up. Saturday I walked a lot, much of it uphill. That's encouraging. For the first two weeks or so, I ate a lot, including lots of sugary stuff. That compulsion has calmed down. I lost a couple of the pounds I had regained. Overall my weight is still down 20 pounds, which should help with fatty liver. I'm discarding my biggest hide-your-body clothes and now have a few things that fit. Wouldn't it be great if the virus stays suppressed and does not resume damaging me?

No comments: